vendredi 31 juillet 2009

D-DAY: Tribulations to Portugal

Finally the day had arrived. I had booked the 6.00 am flight from Marseille to Porto and to manage to be at Marseille airport at 6.00 am I had to take the last train from Nice on the previous day. All went perfectly until approaching Marseille: the train was 20 minutes late!! This means I lost the last shuttle going from the station to the airport! Who knows Marseille train station knows it is not the place where you want to spend the night. It is a very bad place and unfortunately I had no choice but to stay there and wait for the first shuttle of the next day at 4.00 am (and rush to the check-in desk to register!).

The “night” was short and not very comfy, sitting and sleeping in the waiting room, charging my cell that left me down and being stressed of whether or not I would manage to arrive on time at the airport...

Finally, all went well, I caught my shuttle, registered (not without other little problems) and got the flight.
Mum and Greg came to pick me up at the airport and together we went to rent the car.

- So now we’ll go towards North ‘till Viana do Castello
- Nope, now we go to the hotel where I’m gonna have a shower and some minutes sleep.
- You’ll sleep tonight! Now we’re going!
- Mum, you don’t seem to understand that I haven’t slept much last night, that I feel dirty and tired and I don’t feel confident enough to drive right now hours towards North, to spend a whole day visiting with only a few hours bad sleep."
I learned something that day: it’s useless discussing with my mum when she’s discovering a new place! :)

Aucun commentaire: