dimanche 10 mai 2009

Fairytale in South of France

Kid, a good friend of mine, had decided to take me on a special week-end. He took advantage of the bank holiday of 8th May to take me away from Nice and make me visit the surroundings.

After a night spent in the Suite of the Westminster hotel in Nice and a lovely breakfast, we left with our private driver-guide towards Aix-en-Provence. There we had a private half day visit. Aix-en-Provence is a very nice little city full of cafés to stop and enjoy the nice weather.
We visited as well Paul Cézanne's studio and learned quite a lot of things.
Back to the city center, we had lunch in a lovely restaurant and headed toward a "ranch" close to Les Baux de Provence, which is known for being a very nice location.

In that ranch, Kid had organised a 2h horse ride. It'd been ages I haven't rode a horse and just seeing them and getting close to them I felt like a child in Disneyland! I love horse riding and that was just a magnificent gift!
So there I was, wearing my jeans and helmet, riding a white and brown horse named ... (Gosh! I can't remember it's name!). After a lovely ride we all had a chat and a drink in the ranch.

Time was flying but sparkling eyes remained when I saw the hotel in which we were about to stay. Kid had booked the best room of the hotel: a white-and-red suite in which only the kitchen was missing for me to buy it straight away! Space, peacefull atmosphere, luxurious bathroom... a white-and-red bunch of flowers and an iPod Touch.... uff! That was just too much!

We were too tired to go out having dinner so we decided to skip it... though we were pretty hungry. That evening each one chose a couch and we stayed there discussing. It was lovely...

Next morning, after a great breakfast on the terrasse of the hotel with local products, we had a taxi waiting for us that drove us to Arles train station. With a first class ride and in no time, we arrived in Nice and just had the time to rush home leave our stuff before going to the airport. There Kid had his last booking made. No, not his flight back but a 20 minutes helicopter ride.

When he first told me that, I thought he was out of his mind, maybe jocking. But he really did it!
We jumped in and soon the helicopter flew. A bit shaked at the very beginning and then up in the sky. We flew all above Villefranche, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat then Eze and Monaco. The Côte d'Azur is such a beauty!
We continued our ride until Cap Martin and came back from there on the inside seeing the mountains and the small villages. It seemed it was just a second but the number of memories I have from that ride shows me I enjoyed every minute.

We spend the evening in a lovely restaurant down town and Cécilia joined us for desert.
We ended up on Paloma beach in St Jean-Cap-Ferrat taking pictures and having big laughs.

Thinking back at it, this seems to have been some kind of fairytale. I did nothing, was brought to do things I have wanted since ages and was just asked to enjoy, which I obviously did!

Thanks Kid for bringing me over that marvellous ride. It was amazing and fun.
I wish we could do it again someday soon.

Aucun commentaire: