lundi 7 mai 2007

Day 2: Prison Break!

The second day, we decided to go to Kilmainham Goal. On the way, we went through Merrion Square. My mum had seen some pictures of it and I thought it would have been nice for her to see it in real as it was on our way. We also stopped at Trinity College to have a look and to see the place where I took the funny pictures with Ablaye and Donovan.

Then, we took the Luas (name of the tram) and went directly to Kilmainham Goal. This prison is really famous for having "hosted" some of the most important characters in the history of Ireland. Therefore it was entertaining for my brother who saw his first real prison and for my mum and me for the cultural aspect. The tour was really interesting. We even could enter the cells!!

The nice thing for me was I saw the movie "Michael Collins" about the revolution of 1916 in Ireland about 2 months ago. So it was funny knowing the names of these guys who fought for the independence of their country and thinking they had been here and walked on the same floor I was walking!

We ended the afternoon by taking a rest in Phoenix Park that was nearby. The sun was shining from time to time and even if the air was fresh it was nice lying on the grass and having a rest.

In the evening we went to Porterhouse which is a chain of restaurant really nicely decorated and special. There we had a typical Irish diner: Irish Stew and ... (arf! I can't remember!) It was delicious!

I wanted my mum and my brother to listen to some typical Irish music before leaving so as we were close to the Gogarty's, I thought it was the best place to get a Guiness! Unfortunately, the pub is strictly over 21 and with my brother we couldn't get in.

So we went home and decided to go somewhere else for a Guiness the next day.
Greg fall asleep in two seconds and my mum and I went through ALL the pictures of my cousin's blog. Since Luca is in California, he's living a lot of nice adventures and it was nice following him through pics. It reminded my mum her trip to the USA! :)

We got a thought for you cuginetto!! ;)

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

I hoped you would meet Lincoln and Mickael.....It would be an additionnal attraction....And such attraction.. ;-)