samedi 31 janvier 2009

I'm dreaming of a white... week-end!

The weather has been so cold in France in the last month that all mountains became completely white and the ski station were overbooked.

Fortunately I live only 2h away from the mountains so when Romain arrived at the train station Saturday morning with a 15 min delay, we hurried up to be on time for the departure of our coach: direction Isola 2000!!!

3h later (the time to rent the skis and buy the afternoon tickets to go up the mountains), we were all dressed up with our wonderfull coloured skisuits, ready to slide down the trails.
It has been 10 years that I haven't skied so I was a bit affraid to go at the beginning but Romain had decided for me: he wanted to start with a blu trail. "I don't think that's a good idea..." said I, but Romain didn't let me the choice and in less time than expected I found myself in the middle of a flow of skiers.

I was happily surprised to see that I remembered quite well the ski lessons I had from my uncle and my cousin Luca 10 years ago as I manoeuvred quite well the skis.

In a whole afternoon I fell only 3 times and it wasn't the kind of fall you normally want to forget because it ashames you.
We ended the afternoon having done almost all the trails of the station and going from a green trail to a blu and even a couple of red ones!

It was really great and I loved it!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Wow!
You must have had a really good teacher to be able to remember after 10 years!