mardi 25 novembre 2008

Discovering the region...

...And discovering it by all means!

After having been to Saint-Paul de Vence by car with Cécilia, having visited Monaco with my mum and having done scuba diving in the Mediterranean sea, I took advantage of a day organised by the region of Var to discover more!

After a workshop in the congress center of Saint Raphaël and a not that good lunch served in a seminar room of the closeby hotel, we went sailing on a catamaran for about 40 minutes. Just the time to reach Port du Poussaï were the excursions started.

As a start, we decided with Cécilia to be adventurous and we loaded in a buggy trip.

Actually, before seeing the buggy, I thought the vehicle would be similar to the ones I drove back in Dublin on the golf course so I was pretty confident on my capacity to drive it (as, as you can remember, I was a golf buggy driving master!).
But the buggies from Dublin were far different from the ones we were about to drive there. Way more quiet! These ones here were sport buggies! A sort of engine I had never seen before. So I lost a bit of my confidence when I saw it but then, the "teacher" explained the way it was working and I felt completely disarmed: the wheel was hard to manage, there were tiers, a handbrake...

But I still insisted on driving the engine (Cécilia didn't want to drive anyway!)
He distributed a pair of glasses to all of us saying we would need it at some stage because of the dirt on the way (which didn't really make me confident) and he checked we were all well cinched to the buggy's sit (which affraid me a bit more!). And there we were, ready to go!!!

We had to stay in queue but as soon as everyone left, the first problem arrived: the buggy didn't want to start! The motor wasn't turned on! Haha!!

After a couple of minutes and some meters covered, I felt more and more confident and realized I was not that bad in buggy driving.
Despite that, Cécilia got a panik attack on the way up the hill. This was probably due to the fact it was her first adventure experience after the canyoning event so that scared her but she breathed and finally controlled her fear feeling.

Up and down the hill, back to the start point. Great experience and great sensations. For me it was more than anything getting the driving pleasure back and feeling more confident in a car... or some sort of! :)

To calm down the adrenaline and finish the day trip, we ended up on the beach for a petanque game. It was fun and relaxing and nice doing some traditional activity.

I realize that I have never done so many things in my life than since I'm here: scuba diving, going to the Spa, touching an iguana, driving a buggy, etc... My life here is just... INCREDIBLE!!!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

i really cannot imagine it:
you....
... driving!

Anonyme a dit…

;D