dimanche 1 mars 2009

The King is dead! Long life to the King!

Last day of the carnival and again the parade. It was my last occasion to take a picture of the dragon which was, according to me, the most stunning attraction of the whole carnival.

For this last day, Cécilia and I got from the Tourist Office 2 stand tickets and even the rain didn't put us off watching one last time this ballet...

And there it comes! The dragon and its very well done sound and light effects: its green eyes rolling, its mounth lightning and smoke coming out of its nostrils... One could just stand there, admire the huge beast and feel the power that it represented.

I felt so little in front of the hours work that thing represented and I really felt like I changed time period for a minute.

The show continued later in the evening: after a last parade of the King and Queen, they put a replica of the King on a boat and sent it offshore. Suddenly, the shadow of the King cought fire and burned until nothing was left while the speaker was saying: "The King is dead! Long life to the King!!"

Right after started the fireworks of carnival's closure. It was over the sea fired from 4 boats and it was really nice and well done. With Cécilia we managed to get a nice spot on a rock of a pier really close to the sea. So close that everytime there was a wage, we got wet! :)

It was a real traditional evening (waaaaayyyyy better than Menton's "party") and I'm glad I participated to the Carnival event.

Aucun commentaire: