jeudi 28 juin 2007

Dogs race

Team building evening... well, kind of...

We went Michael, Sarah (our event help), Michi, Erika, Ramona and me to a dogs race. Apparently, it's a very popular activity for Irish persons. So here we go: one drink and a small book with all the information regarding the dogs.

We had dinner and fun all together, talking about everything and drinking and after a while it was time to bet. first 1€. Fear of losing and discovery made me not take risks but little by little I became more and more "expert" and even if I always bet only 1 or 2€ I won some money on some races.

At about the 5th or the 6th race we decided to make a pool. We put 1€ each and bet on one dog so the reward would be better. One of us had to choose the dog for each race and the price in case the dog wins was having next Monday off. Ramona bet and lost. I bet and lost. Michi bet and lost. Erika bet and lost. Pissed off of not winning anything and convinced it wouldn't be better later on, Ramona jocked and suggested that all the girls of the division would have off on Moday (that basicaly means only Michi would have to work on that day). She bet and SHE WON!!!! We thought Michael will never give to (quite) all of us the same day off but he answered "a bet is a bet" so on Monday, day of my birthday, I could stay home.


Unfortunately, contrarily to Luca, my cousin, who finished positive at the end of a poker evening, I lost some money when I made the balance. But the whole evening was great and really worth it. I mean, where else than in Ireland could you have a day off by betting on a dog with your boss??? And where else than in Ireland would you see your boss completely pissed???

That was GREAT FUN!!

Aucun commentaire: