vendredi 13 juillet 2007

Golf makes life easier

Today wasn't a common Friday. Although I still had to go to work, I went working in a totally different environment. After 2 weeks spent on the organization of that event, I had the opportunity to take part to the Siemens golf outing at Powerscourt.

Ramona, Michi and I took the taxi from the office to the golf court and started to prepare everything: welcome desk, display stand, bags for the golfers...
When everyone arrived, we dispatched them in their team and as soon as they left to play, we were free.
Unfortunately for the golfers, the weather was awful: rain and clouds. But for us, it wasn't that bad since we were supposed to stay inside enjoying our free time. Michi had to take some pictures so, since it was raining, we decided to take a buggy and to drive around the court to take some pics. Michi was the only one supposed to drive as Ramona didn't wanted to and I wasn't feeling confident enough to do it. But then, by joking, I got a buggy as well and I had to drive. I was afraid of doing something foolish and of destroying the car. But after a few seconds getting used to the levers, I was driving perfectly! :) The first time I drive for real after I got my driving license!!! :D

Finally we had to distribute drinks to the golfers so Ramona took her own buggy and we started racing on the court. It was so funny!!! Having fun, taking pictures, golfing (one guy of the company offered Ramona to do her first swing!).

Around 5 pm, we came back to the golf club and prepared the evening: disposition of the tables for dinner, prizes, ... The golfers showered, sat at the tables and the dinner started. It was really good, we had red and white wine and the people at our table were particularly friendly. I exceeded my apprehension and chatted with my neighbor as Ramona wanted me to do. ;-)

Finally, everyone left and we remaied Ramona, Michi, Michael, Sarah and me for a final glass of wine. We were all drunk and Michael took a taxi home... but not us! The taxi brought us to Alex' party and from there we ended at the Howl At The Moon (a bar close to my place and very nice) for a last beer.

The day was really funny and I have great memories! Thanks floks for your company today!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Number will not pass!