samedi 21 juillet 2007

Will you mary me?

19th July 2007: Back to Paris to celebrate my friend's wedding. I just had time to arrive on that Thursday, I already got to pack to go to Saint Aignan where the wedding was supposed to take place. The next morning, after 2 hours train, I was picked up at th station by the bride, Aurore, and her other 2 bridesmaid, Pascale and Adeline. We spent the whole day decorating the room where we'd celebrate: blowing balloons to hang everywhere, preparing the entertainments, etc...
It was long and tiring and Pascale and I agreed that for our marriage, we'd rather hire a wedding planner!

21st July 2007: Here we go! D-Day for Aurore, Raphaël and all the people who helped to the preparation. Early waking up, making up, getting dressed... it was a real marathon! But it was worth it! First "I do" at the City Hall and then at the church. The wedding was simply great and the party very funny! We first had the cocktail in the "African plane". In effect, the party was taking place in a zoo which was quite original. My first impression when I knew it was "You're getting married in a zoo!!!???". But then, when I saw the place, I knew it would be the best idea ever! The landscape was fantastic! So we had the cocktail over there and enjoyed the late afternoon sun. Then we moved toward the room to have dinner and to celebrate. At that precise moment, it started raining! We were really lucky!
The party started and with it all the games and speeches. Everyone liked mine which, I must say, really comfort me as I was really stressed before doing it!

22nd July 2007: Cleaning the room, saying goodbye to the remaining people and enjoying the last moments with the newly weds.

Aurore is the first friend I marry and it made me quite an impression.
I wish her and Raphaël to be happy ever after.

Aucun commentaire: